Saturday 20 July 2013

Tall Soy Low-Fat No Whip Sunday

Coffee, Hipsters, Belly-Dancers. It can only mean 1 thing: The Rocks Aroma Festival


I joined a couple of mates in the city for the coffee festival on Sunday. And you thought the morning rush at Starbucks was bad:


There were lots of coffee and food stalls spread out around The Rocks and in Circular Quay. Campbell's Cove had a middle easter section with Turkish coffee, Gozleme (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6zleme), and....belly dancers (obviously). I felt the show was a bit provocative considering all of the little kids watching.


At a coffee festival, 2 things are a given. 1: Coffee. 2: Hipsters
I'm 'posing' on the left so it wasn't obvious my friend was taking a picture of the hipsters in their bicycle-riding, mustache-waxed glory




In preparation to my move back to Boston in October, I'll be watching Boston-themed movies once  a week to drop my "g'day mates" for "wicked awesome"s. I'll review 1 per week.
To keep the coffee theme going, I'll grade it on a scale to 5 Dunkin Donuts Coffees.

The Friends of Eddie Coyle (1973)
IMDB synopsis: After his last crime has him looking at a long prison sentence for repeat offenses, a low level Boston gangster decides to snitch on his friends to avoid jail time.

I'm guessing no one has seen this movie since its from 1973 (well, except John, because it's a movie and it exists). Starring the dad from Everybody Loves Raymond and Mo Green from Godfather Part II (which I only remembered since I watched the GodFather trilogy to kill time on my return flight 3 weeks ago), this movie is basically a 1970's version of The Town. With loads of familiar film locations, it was really cool seeing the old Boston Garden and City Hall Plaza in the 70's. Definitely worth a watch if you have the time (which I clearly do).
Final Rating: 


Countdown to Mote's Reunion: 62 days

 Someone decided to 3rd wheel our skype date!


No comments:

Post a Comment